Effects of Aerobic Exercise and Weight Training-Aerobic towards Physical Fitness of Elderly Hajj Candidates
Hajj pilgrims have been considered as activities which involve 70% of physical activity and the remaining 30% is non-physical spiritual worship. Good physical fitness is indispensable in order to run all of the series of activities in the Hajj properly. Physical fitness pilgrims in Indonesia are generally still in the category of moderate. Improved fitness with the selection and conduct appropriate training models, will be one of the important and strategic efforts to solve the various conditions encountered in preparing pilgrims of elderly. The purpose of this study are; (1) identify and assess differences in the effect of aerobic exercise and aerobic-weight training combination towards the physical fitness of elderly pilgrims; (2) identify and assess differences in the effect of high and low motivation in influencing the physical fitness of elderly pilgrims, (3) identify and assess the interaction between exercise (aerobic and aerobic- weight training exercise combination) and high and low motivation towards physical fitness of elderly pilgrims. This study is an experimental study which is designed using 2 × 2 factorial. The sampling technique is purposive sampling, with a sample of 80 elderly pilgrims. Data analysis techniques are based on Prerequisite Test which use normality, homogeneity, box tests and hypothesis test which use multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA). The results show that there is a very significant effect of aerobic exercise and weight-aerobic training towards physical fitness of the elderly pilgrims, i.e. it can be seen that the value of 0.000˂0.01. There are also significant differences of physical fitness of elderly pilgrims between high and low motivation, i.e. it can be seen that the value of 0.043˂0.05. Finally, there is no correlation on both exercise (aerobic and weight-aerobic training) and motivation (high and low) to the physical fitness of elderly pilgrims, ie it can be seen that the value of 0.524 ˂0.05.
- There are currently no refbacks.
Published by INSIGHT - Indonesian Society for Knowledge and Human Development